CONTESTANT RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. Applicant must be married and live together and in a relationship of matrimony as of the date of entry and throughout the State and National Competitions (copy of marriage certificate required).
2. Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen (by proof of birth certificate) and is a resident of the “State”, or “Military Installation”, in the “State” of entrance into the Pageant, own property, or have employment in the state.
3. Applicant is and always has been a female and is at least 21 years of age as of the date of entry.
4. Applicant is only permitted to enter one State Pageant per Pageant year, and must follow rules outlined above.
5. Applicant will continue to be a person of good moral character; affirms that she has not committed and will not commit any act inconsistent with the highest standards of public morals and conventions or that will reflect unfavorably on the Pageant, its representatives, sponsors and or/licensees; that during her majority (21 years of age or older), she has not willingly appeared in provocative and sexually explicit photographs or any film, video, or publication prior to, during the State Pageant, or during her reign as a State winner or as a United States Title Holder.
6. Applicant agrees to attend the National United States Pageant (sometimes referred to as the “National Pageant”) if selected as the State Winner and will further abide by all the required services, rules and regulations governing the State and National Pageants. Applicant is responsible to both State and National United States Pageant and the State Director in the event of non-compliance with the same.
7. Applicant may have a modeling, personal management and/or agency contract. This contract however, does not include, authorize, or permit the use of the name of our licensees or any title designation or reference with respect to the pageant in any manner, this includes Mrs. United States, CAPO or any of it’s affiliates or designees.
8. Relative to State matters, the Director or her designee, shall have the final approval of wardrobe selection, appearances, costume and press releases in preparation for the national pageant. If the applicant chooses to utilize the services or help of others who are not directly affiliated with the state director, DMG/CAPO Productions and/state sponsors, a written request to the director must be done in writing a week prior to the start period. Although the applicant may consult with others at her discretion for personal matters, any and ALL matters pertaining to your representation as the State titleholder in the National Pageant must have the State director’s approval before engaging in purchases or participation etc. The applicant is a representative of United States Pageants and its' State titles and that of DMG/CAPO Productions. Therefore, the applicant must seek the sole advice of these individuals/organizations when it relates to your State Title. ANY exceptions to this rule will be grounds for dismissal from your title.
9. Applicant hereby authorizes the use of any Pageant photos or video reproduction of the Applicant at any time for promotional purposes.
10. Should the state winner upon competing in the national United States Pageant, win that said competition, they agree to forfeit any gifts/services that were originally awarded to them as the winner of the state competition, if it has not been distributed to them prior to the national pageant. Thus, affording their successor to complete out the reign as the state titleholder (if they elect to) and be eligible to receive any remaining gifts by the discretion of the state director.
11. Should the state titleholder win the national pageant, the 1st runner-up will be eligible to assume the state title (if they wish) and based on the State Director’s discretion, provided that individual has continued to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner and have abided by the rules and regulations set-forth as a delegate of the state pageant.
12. As consideration for this agreement, Contestant promises to pay the respective State entry fee, all payments being non-refundable. Contestant further agrees to make herself available for appearances and CAPO sponsored and promoted events.
13. As a State winner, you agree to purchase 1-full page advertisement in the National Program Book at your expense (estimated at $800 or more). You also agree to have your ad professionally created with the State Director’s creative input.
14. State winners can share a room at nationals with another contestant for which their entry into the national pageant provides. Accommodations different from this arrangement is at the sole discretion and expense of the state winner into the national pageant.
15. As a State winner, you agree to compete in the National United States Pageant, which is typically held during the summer of each year at a location to be identified by the national pageant. Failure to compete will result in a mandatory $1500 non-compete fee.
16. As a State winner, you will be eligible to earn the designation of “Mrs. (Your State) Legacy” which gives you an additional year to work with the Capital Area Pageant Organization as an ambassador. This designation is specific to the Capital Area Pageant Organization and is earned with exceeding objectives outlined as a CAPO Queen state title holder.
16. Failure of a Contestant to abide by the rules above may result in disqualification and or removal of a State Title at the discretion of the State Director, subject to review by the National Pageant Organization.
17. $30 fee for all returned check fee.
Copyright 2017 © MRS. VIRGINIA, MRS. WEST VIRGINIA, MRS. DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA UNITED STATES PAGEANT | All Rights reserved